Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vitamins and Blenders


This week I finally got around to ordering the calcium supplement and multivitamin that I'll be taking after surgery and they arrived today. I'm curious about the flavor of the calcium citrate chews, but I only bought exactly enough dosees for the first 30 days after surgery, so I'll have to wait to find out. The multis I've had before...they taste like a chalky orange creamsicle. Yum. *snort*

The real gem out of this shipment is the blender "bottle." It's more of a travel cup, IMO. Whatever you want to call, I call it a paragon of practical design! The lid screws down and the mouthpiece cover snaps in tightly, so you can dump in the liquid and the protein powder, batten down the hatches, and shake it all together. It has a spherical whisk inside - appropriately called a "blender ball" - that breaks up the protein powder as you shake with minimal bubbles, thus largely eliminating the foamy head problem of mixing the powder in a blender. (There were no lumps, either, unlike mixing with a spoon or fork.) I did a brief "antigravity" test (I turned it upside down and shook it for a few seconds) and there was nary a drop spilled, leading me to believe that there are possibilities of being able to prop this upright in my messenger bag with some liquid in it for protein shakes on the go. It's made by Sundesa, is BPA free, has liquid measurements imprinted on the side, and at around $7-$8, it's a good deal.


I may need to buy a few more. I can see this getting daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment